Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hold On.

Love.
It wrecks my heart almost everyday.
I am challenged to the death of myself quite often.


Thankful I am for that fact that this very thing changed my life
4 beautiful years ago.
It's empty in the valley of your heart
The sun, it rises slowly as you walk
Away from all the fears
and all the faults you've left behind



So when a friend comes to me with deep things, troubling things.
My heart is immediately rent.
The harvest left you no food for you to eat
You cannibal, you meat-eater
But I have seen the same
I know the shame in your defeat
But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck




Because I have committed my life to them.
To Jesus.
To loving them always as He would and does, no matter what.
To bring the Kingdom closer to them in my responses and actions towards them.
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again


And most days I seriously screw it up.
But I am seriously trying.
Cause I have other things to fill my time
You take what is yours and I'll take my mine
Now let me at the truth
Which will refresh my broken mind



But I can't not do anything when I see this broken world
with my broken friends and I constantly hear their cries.
I would go mad at the thought of turning the other way or closing the door to them.


Love calls me everyday.
Most of the time I don't want to answer.
Because it's difficult.
it's messy.
it hurts.
So tie me to a post and block my ears
I can see widows and orphans through my tears
I know my call despite me faults
And despite my growing fears



but I would choose this life over my old one any day.
believe me.
So come out of your cave walking on your hands
And see the world hanging upside down
You can understand dependence
When you know the maker's hand




You, they, Jesus is so precious to me.
And I want to be with you everyday.
And I want to be like Him so much it's ridiculous.



I am here.
And I will take these pains when they come.
And I do/will have joy.
So make your siren's call
And sing all you want
I will not hear what you have to say



My heart may be broken but it's beautifully carried thru it all.
Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how

To live my life as it's meant to be.







*Mumford and Sons-The Cave.



..

No comments: