Thursday, August 12, 2010

Abba.

I walked out of work with a full mind.
Thinking thru many conversations, the meeting I just had screaming loudly in my ears, prayers being raised up, asking myself questions.

I don't understand.


I got into my friend's car that I was driving at the time.
My car has decided to break down.
Sometimes life is so funny.
in the middle of moving, trying to find a new job, tight money issues...
my car decides to burn out.

In the middle of all this noise in my mind
I was trying to think of what I could cut back to save money.
What things that even tho were necessary I didn't need within the month.


the phone rings.
It's my mom.
Hey, Mom...

I tell her my life. What happened at work.
She listens.



Few minutes later.
My dad calls.
Hey, Sweetheart...
How are you doing?
I heard what was going on.

He gave me advice, telling me he wishes he was here.
It makes me feel safe. Things will be ok.
he asked me about my car.
He tells me not to worry, he will take care of it.


Which he does. I take my car in.
He talks with the man at the dealership on the phone.
They figure things out.
It was my brakes not a belt, which I had guessed it was the belt.
I'm such a girl.


Recently I've been having a hard time understanding God's love.
Which is odd. I thought I slightly understood.

But seeing my dad this week [even tho he lives a thousand miles away]
doing his best to take care of me, making sure I know it will be ok.
Has given me greater hope in the Love of the Heavenly Father.


When I hear my dad tell me not to worry, I don't question that.
Things will be ok.
How much more should I trust in the Heavenly Father who jealously longs for me?


If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust?
If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate?
As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing.
You're at least decent to your own children.
So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?
-Matthew 7:9-11 The Message



yes.


..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i soooo agree Allie...our Father in Heaven loves us sooo much more! as far as the brakes go don't drive so fast and they won't wear out so soon for using them so much!! from one fast driver to another, I know about wearing out brakes!! Love you sweetie.
Aunt karen