Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ghosts of the Unreal.

You were made for great things.
For lavish adventures.
For ridiculous endings.

Most of us don't ever see those adventures or grand endings.
Most of us never even wake up.


I had a dream this morning.
3 of them actually.
They all started the same, I woke up and walked the hall to the bathroom.
I talked with one of my friends in the shower then it ended.
I awoke again went to the bathroom and talked with my friend.
For the 3rd time it happened again.

When are we going to realize that this is all a fake.
Nothing here is real. Nothing you see lasts.
Nothing stands forever.
Why do I put so much faith in these meaningless things that I believe I love?
Why don't I yet understand that this is all fading away faster then I can grasp?
Why do I continue to hold expectations to others begging them to fulfill my love?
And become angry when humans cannot understand the yearnings of my heart.
Why do I place such precious things in front of Man when I know they will just get thrown back.
Why do I search after uplifting words from others when I know those are empty words that will just cover over the symptom of my bleeding heart.

I'm fading faster then I want to believe.
Life is but a mist of water.
It's over before it begins for most.

Don't you get it? Nothing you own will sustain you.
Nothing on earth can get us out of this.
We are in need of a Savior.

I don't want to be like most.
I was not made to live like this.
Don't you feel it too?
Don't tell me I'm alone in this, this burning ache for more.
More of the spiritual, more of the Love, more of the deep things I was made to know.

I must see thru the faze.
The faze of the unreal.
I've tasted a Reality so sweet my lips scream for another down pour.
WAKE UP, WAKE UP. Hear the souls bell ring.

This Love is real. His words stand forever.
We fade He remains.
Minutes slip away. Open your eyes.
See Him standing before you.
////////


If you listen just right, you can almost hear it.
The symphony of secrecy, love and fear.

Like a moth to a flame, we become helpless
To the beautiful ghosts
That true love sheds.

We are all running our very own races,
Set out upon the most dangerous of places.
And through it all, we were left
With a void in our chests,
We're aching to fill.

The doves come
To gather our every need,
They lift them up to Heaven
Through the mouths from which we speak.

God, will you help us understand the meaning of it all?
Will you send your Angels down to us, at our every call?
Sometimes it seems the world is passing us
Faster than my eyes can adjust.

I can't decide
If I'm living or I'm dying.
So I test Your Love and I test Your Love, I test Your Love

-Ghosts, Sleeping At Last

..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One;
What a beautiful entry. So sad, yet so beautiful. We are not meant to live here forever. We were in heaven before we were sent down to earth and we spend our entire lives longing to return home. When I found my true faith I felt as if I was 'home at last' and I've held on to that feeling ever since. My life is but a flame that will be gone before I know it. I only pray that what I do here will have a wonderful effect on the lives of those that I love and in some way touch the lives of those I never had a chance to meet. God bless you dear one. You are truly a Woman of Faith! Love, Aunt 60

Anonymous said...

Gosh. This explains my heart so well. I'm so glad we're friends.

-liz