Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Things...



...will follow you.

I sat at the kitchen table and explained to the girl I mentor and her family that I will be moving out.
I was unexpectedly offered to house sit for an older couple on the Young Life committee for the local schools.
I was hesitant at first and sad.
Change seems to be ever present in my life these past few months.

Holding back tears I told them I would miss them terribly.
It's going to be extremely different going from a small house with 4 people to a large mansion by myself.

They said they were really excited for me. And they see great opportunities coming of this.
"Dear, good things will always follow you. Keep your trust in God and always do the right thing."
I smiled and nodded as she spoke those words to me.
When you're always telling yourself those things it gets old and after a while isn't encouraging but when you hear it from someone else it speaks volumes.

The new house is beautiful. I have the upstairs corner room with my own bathroom and walk in closet!
I was moving in today and felt really weird.
Lonely maybe, but weird definitely.

I do ask for your prayers.
That I won't be lonely in this new season in my life.
& that God will provide faithful friends.

thank you so much.

"surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life..."
-psalm 23:6



..