Friday, May 7, 2010

Two Decades.

It seems to me that your 20's are the most excruciating pivotal moments in your life.
why is that?


I feel as tho these years are holy ground for questioning, rebellion and truth.



I rebelled in my teen years.
Not so much outwardly as I did inwardly.
I questioned everything, every motive.
why do this? why do that?
I will not do what you tell me to do.


I defied my parents by running away one weekend.
Only to be found hours later in the upstairs room of my friend.


But my 20's have been all together something more wild and freeing then those moments on the weekends when I was a teen that I was sure nobody would find out about.


I thought so much for my 20's.
I thought I'd change the world.
Get married.
Write some books.
make a few babies [maybe]

But NONE of those have happened yet.


And here I am.
Not a single plan I had come to the present.

I've watched my friends as we've ventured into these years.
And we are not who we used to be.
Maybe because we've become so jaded and used.
or because we've already become tired and feared the worst.
But there's something about our spirits that keep coming back to life.
Keep urging us to run.


I've never experienced such life altering trials in my life before now.
I've never questioned the Truth has much as I have.
I've never rebelled as much as I have until now.



why is that?
was it meant to be this way?

most of my generation is not married.
When over half of our parents would already of been married by this age already expecting children.
We don't go to church regularly and we often socially drink.

Have we become the people are parents warned us about?
Or is there something more going on?
Deeper meaning to our actions then we even realize.





..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love absolutely everything about this entry. I cannot even explain...

While reading it, it was as if you, the author, stepped into my head and had my body speak the words aloud.

Everything I have felt in these firs 3 years of being twenty, are exactly what you wronte. EVERYTHNG

melodramatic.com/users/capricious__x

she_is_liberty said...

Thank You very much.
I'm glad we were able to relate.

I truly hope your questions and searching lead you to peace.
And if they don't... keep searching.

Get ahold of me anytime.
everythingwasbeautifuland@hotmail.com